Sacred Scents: Unveiling the Ayodhya Collection - A Tribute to the Ram Mandir
On the winding banks of the Sarayu River in Uttar Pradesh lies Ayodhya, a city steeped in religious and historical significance. Known as the birthplace of Lord Rama, it features ancient temples, ghats, and archaeological sites.
Ayodhya is a pilgrimage destination and a symbol of India's diverse heritage.
Story of Ayodhya
In the heart of the Kosala kingdom, Ayodhya stood as a testament to the majestic rule of King Dasharatha and Queen Kaushalya. Its grandeur, etched in history, set the stage for the seventh avatar of Vishnu, Lord Ram, their righteous and compassionate heir to the throne. His life and teachings, resonating with devotion and righteousness, continue to inspire millions of Hindus worldwide.
Ram Mandir and its significance
The Ram Mandir's cultural and historical significance lies in its connection to the epic Ramayana which portrays Lord Rama's life and teachings. Its construction at the birthplace of Rama symbolizes the restoration of a revered heritage.
The Ram Mandir is culturally significant as it represents a focal point for the deeply ingrained narrative of Lord Rama in Indian culture.
The Architectural features of the Ayodhya Ram Mandir
Constructed in an impressive Nagara architectural style the temple is a grand marvel in the making.
The temple architecture incorporates distinct Nagara features like
- Shikhara or towers that are intricately carved and gradually narrow towards the top.
- Panchayatana layout featuring a main shrine surrounded by four smaller shrines at the corners of a square or rectangular platform. Each of these shrines is dedicated to different deities.
Another captivating feature is the incorporation of the Shaligram stone, sourced from Nepal's Gandaki River, believed to symbolize Lord Ram himself.
Spanning across 2.7 acres, it is constructed from pink sandstone. With a towering height of 161 feet and three floors, the first floor is dedicated to Lord Ram, the second to Lord Hanuman, and the third-floor houses a museum showcasing the rich culture and history of Ayodhya.
The temple complex is not just a place of worship; it also accommodates a yagna hall for ritual ceremonies, a community kitchen for communal gatherings, and a medical facility for the well-being of the devotees.
The Ayodhya Ram Mandir is considered one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
Bring Home The Blessings Of Ayodhya With Phool Ayodhya Collection
Since Ayodhya is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India, it comes as no surprise that it is visited by more than 2 crore devotees every year, a number that is steadily increasing with the establishment of the much-awaited Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Mandir.
What is the role of Phool?
Due to this huge influx of pilgrims in Ayodhya, millions of metric tons of floral waste accumulate annually in its temples. Phool addresses this issue by gathering discarded sacred flowers from six major temples, including Hanuman Garhi and Swaminarayan Temple.
Operated by 20 women from marginalised communities, these flowers are transformed into aromatic incense sticks and cones using authentic Soumya Chandan fragrances.
This sustainable initiative not only breathes new life into Ayodhya's temple flowers but also offers devotees nationwide a chance to partake in the festivities of Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Mandir, bringing Ayodhya's blessings and Lord Ram's essence into their homes.
Let’s look at the divine and spiritual products from the Ayodhya collection
Blending tradition and modernity, this box is a triumphant tribute to Ram's homecoming through the manifestation of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya.
The inclusions in this box are-
- Raj, Raja aur Rani playing cards with illustrations of the notable Kings and Queens of medieval India
- Ceramic diyas handcrafted with care and love by the generational artisans of Khurja
- Diya oil made with Vedic ingredients
- Brass wall diya holder designed with intricate patterns to uplift the decor of your home made by artisans in Moradabad
- Open secret Sweet & Savoury Nut mix is a healthy alternative for the sweet tooths out there, after all a celebration is not complete without desserts.
- Soumya Chandan Bambooless incense sticks to fill your home with the rich aroma of sandalwood
- Plantable Patakas because we care for the plant, sow these patakas and opt for a sustainable celebration
- Ayodhya Ram Mandir Celebration Card adorned with intricate details of the Ram throne adds a touch of grandeur to the ensemble.
Celebrate the establishment of the long-awaited Ram Mandir. The box symbolises Ram, Lakshman and Sita arriving in Ayodhya and the people of the kingdom giving them a grand welcome.
The box comes with 11 beautiful inclusions.
- Raj, Raja Aur Rani Playing Cards in a Wooden Holder to protect the cards from damage
- Motichoor Ladoo Candles a fun twist to the traditional candles
- Ikat Print Fabric Tray is an elegant addition to your decor collection
- Lotus Shaped Ceramic Diyas that will fill up your home with warmth
- Brass Wall Diya Holder to add light in the corners of your home
- Sweet & Savory Nut Mix because no celebration is complete without some snacks
- Rajwaadi Saunf & Indian Rose Mishri is a refreshing and unique addition
- Soumya Chandan Bambooless Incense Sticks from Ayodhya Temple Flowers
- Havan Cups add an aromatic touch to your environment
- Plantable Patakas for an eco-friendly celebration
- Pure Cotton Diya Wicks
- Ayodhya Ram Mandir Celebration Card illustrated in remembrance of Prabhu Shri Ram’s return to his birthplace.
A handcrafted sacred tribute to Prabhu Shri Ram. Phool Ayodhya Incense Sticks are handcrafted from the sacred flowers collected across the temples of Ayodhya and blended with 100% authentic extracts from the bark of the Chandan tree.
Light up this incense stick to fill the air with the aromas of sandalwood, creating a serene atmosphere carrying with it a sense of purity and sanctity.
Handcrafted with meticulous care, these cones emanate the sacred fragrance of Chandan. This fragrance has a deeply calming and relaxing effect on the mind and body and plays an essential role in Hindu religious rituals, ceremonies and daily prayers.
Each cone represents a celebration of culture, religion, and the monumental event of the Ram Mandir's establishment.
Thoughtfully crafted to celebrate the essence of Ayodhya. These hand-rolled sticks, free from bamboo, showcase a blend of Chandan's soothing fragrance and the floral notes from Ayodhya's sacred temple blooms. The aroma is woody, earthy and creamy with a subtle sweetness that compliments the herbaceous woodiness.
Dedicated to honouring the spirit of the Ram Mandir inauguration, each stick embodies craftsmanship and tradition.
Light up the Ayodhya collection to celebrate Ram’s homecoming to Ayodhya’s Ram Mandir
The establishment of the Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Mandir heralds the hope for a contemporary Ram Rajya, wherein Prabhu Shree Ram ruled with dharma, morality and justice, inspiring values of social harmony, selfless duty and pursuit of the greater good in his people.
Phool celebrates this auspicious occasion with incense sticks and cones handcrafted from the sacred temple flowers of Ayodhya. With this collection, we bring you blessings from Ayodhya and hope we can follow the path of goodness shown by Prabhu Shree Ram. Explore the Ayodhya collection at Phool.co