To Celebrating a Phoolwali Holi in 2023
When we think of Holi, we automatically think of colours, celebrations, joy, and festivities. Growing up in an Indian household, elders frequently described Holi as the symbol of good triumphing over evil, along with the many myths associated with the festival.
But, beyond myths and stories, what does the triumph of good over evil truly imply? Here's our take on this.
Phool, as a brand, is built on the foundational tenets of environmental protection. We started with the goal of finding a solution to India's massive temple waste. And, as we speak, our flowercyclers are collecting 8.4 tonnes of floral waste from temples and converting it into eco-friendly, charcoal-free incense sticks and cones.
With the same ideological cornerstone comes our Holi collection, prepared to help you and your loved ones have a safe and happy Holi while protecting Nature.
Phool Holi 2023 Collection
Phool is back with a massive Holi 2023 collection, each serving as a beacon for promoting eco-friendly festivities. We'd love to walk you through the offerings handcrafted for you to celebrate a safe and Happy Holi!
The Gulaal Packs:
Holi would be pointless without the vibrant explosion of colours; after all, it is the festival of colours. Phool has created six vibrant organic gulaal packs in green, purple, orange, blue, yellow, and pink hues.
These colours are made from natural ingredients such as flowers, herbs, and essential oils, making them totally safe for your skin and hair.
- The ingredients in Phool Purple Natural Gulaal include blueberries, butterfly pea flowers, plums, mulberries, and lavender essential oil.
- The Palash flower lends a bright orange hue to our Narangi Gulaal Pack, which also has orange essential oil.
- The spring festival would be incomplete without the colour green. Natural ingredients such as Holy Basil, Neem leaves, spinach leaves, Henna leaves, and Indian Bael leaves were used to create the green one.
- Pink has its enigma, as it is frequently represented as a colour of both passion and innocence. The pink natural gulaal is made with hibiscus and rose flowers and has a long-lasting fragrance of frangipani essential oil.
- Phool's blue organic gulaal, made with beetroot and indigo, has a woody aroma. While it can colour you bright, it won't harm your skin.
- The last and most popular colour is the Peela or Yellow Organic Gulaal, which is hand-blended with two simple ingredients: marigold and turmeric. It also has the lovely, long-lasting scent of Patchouli essential oil.
Each of these organic Holi colours is made with a non-GMO cornflour base and is COSMOS certified by Ecocert. This is the most stringent global standard for organic cosmetics.
The Thandai Box:
The Natural Gulaal box with Thandai is perfect for people who go a little heavy on the festivities. The pack contains four organic gulaal, and a pack of Thandai; and not just any, but the world-famous Mishrambhu Thandai.
Did you know? Thandai, the desi drink, has its root in Benaras, also called Varanasi. It is one of the oldest Indian beverages and is an auspicious offering to Lord Shiva. Thandai is consumed during Mahashivratri, and as Holi comes just after, it became an authentic inclusion to the festival of colours.
Some people do lace it with Bhang, to heighten the merriment, but Thandai is delicious as it is.
The Milan Pack:
This is for the one who wants it all and wants it perfect. The Milan Pack is inspired by the patrons of Holi, Radha and Krishna. And it was Phool’s pleasure to craft such a beautiful box, the only box you need this Holi.
Here’s all the good stuff it has:
- Phool’s organic packs: Pink, Yellow, Blue and Green.
- The world-famous Thandai from the House of Mishrabhu
- A Holi-special pure cotton T-shirt; one-size-fits-all.
- A Rose Mist to keep you hydrated through the day.
- A Juicy Chemistry Face Wash to clean it off post the festivities.
- Ras Luxury Gold Face Elixer to restore skin health.
- Chandan Tika, an in-house special.
- Slurpp Farm Pancake Mix and Assorted Chocolate Cookies (2), because ‘Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye’.
We'd like to discuss the following special Holi packs:
- When a single pack of Gulaal is insufficient for the occasion, the Gulaal Twin Packs are available.
- When you want to enjoy all four colours of Holi on a budget, get the 4 Holi Colour Gulaal Box.
- When the entire family wants to participate in the Phoolwali Holi celebration, the 4 Colour Gulaal Box Twin Pack is ideal.
An Ode to our Amazing Team of Women Artisan
If we go back to the age-old recipe of Gulaal making, we would not find a trace of chemicals, and toxins like mercury, asbestos, silica, mica, and lead. Thanks to the market flooded with chemical colours, each of these hazardous chemicals is where it should not be: on your skin and hair.
Phool is proud to revive the traditional Gulaal making and brings forth organic Holi colours that are natural, skin-safe and premium in colour and texture. Handmade by our women artisans with all-natural ingredients, good for the people and the planet.